Carpel Tunnel and Housework

I have carpel tunnel. Many people don't know because I don't go around announcing it. And when comparing notes about disabilities/illnesses it seems like you're trying to one up people when you list your issues. For me it's: Asthma, carpel tunnel, lactose intolerance, gluten intolerance, IBS, and vertigo. My body is old and crumbly. (I'm only 29. Sobs.) 

But my carpel tunnel is often the thorn bothering me the most. I have chores I need to do daily such as washing dishes, doing laundry, washing the table, vacuuming, changing diapers, etc. All of which are very difficult if you can hardly grip anything. 

Today (August 1st) I am signing on a closing on a house as is my husband. My carpel tunnel has been bad the past 4 days so I expect that to be interesting. 

What are some things that help me? Well, I've mostly trained my toddlers to hold still for diaper changes. My almost 2yo is the most stubborn, so she usually gets changed first. My almost 3 year old holds pretty still. And my 4mo doesn't wiggle much. We put her on her belly to have her roll over and she just smiles at me and lays there. She's so chill but I need a motivator for her to roll. 

When washing dishes I try to not use my wrist as much. So, I'll keep it immobile and use my body to put pressure if I need to scrub. Or I ask my husband, which is sometimes easier. 

Some things I need to power through. Like chopping to make dinner. 

Here is a pro tip for nursing moms with carpel tunnel: Nurse laying down. It's a life saver. 

God bless you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The church, their responsibilities, and how it can effect mindsets.

Investing and Startups

It's Not Just Your Life