NICU stays

When I had my first, it was a little traumatic. I was about to 34 weeks pregnant when I went into labor. We went immediately to the doctor and they stopped my labor. 6 days later I gave birth. Baby 1 had to be in the NICU for 9 days. 

You never really recover from having your baby taken from you. She wasn't a micro premie. She also wasnt a small premie. She weighed 6lbs 11oz. 

I was able to hold her for maybe 5 minutes before she was whisked away. My husband went with her and I stayed back because of my epidural. I slept and didn't pump, which in hindsight was a mistake. I should've pumped as soon as they brought it to me. 

I was ok for the first two days until I was discharged. Then I broke and cried. I also had a headache from the epidural. I struggled to visit my baby due to stress and my headache. 

Now she is 3 years old. The trauma still feels like yesterday but I look at her and feel blessed. She is sweet, kind, and wonderful. She is also spicy, but cute. 

I have three children now. 3, 2, and 4mo. I adore my children. I love snuggling them and knowing they're safe with me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The church, their responsibilities, and how it can effect mindsets.

Investing and Startups

It's Not Just Your Life