Preparation for Marriage

Regardless of if we believe it or not, everyone is doing some type of preparation for marriage. For girls, it is a little more clear cut. We are trained very young to be mothers. We have dolls, kitchen toy sets, and small baking ovens. Some mothers do better than others at preparing their daughters and sons to be good spouses. 

My mother taught me that I should have supper ready at a specific time, that the house should be clean, and that I should be on top of everything. What has happened instead is that supper is between the times of 4-8PM, the house may or may not be clean, and I feel like I'm flailing around. The expectations of what I learned how things should be, is not what they are. I am also sick 75% of the time and trying to be a good wife for my husband. 

My husband was taught that he should work hard, respect his wife, help his wife with the chores and/or kids, and read scripture with his wife. He works very hard, respects me, helps me with anything he can, and reads scripture with me when we can. He is an amazing husband and I couldn't ask for anyone better. 

My husband doesn't care that I can't always have supper ready at a specific time, he doesn't mind if things are in disarray, and he supports me while I flail. I feel like I was prepared to live on my own and not how to keep a house clean by myself. I could do it when I was a kid, but I had my sister to help me. Now I feel like I need to try and do it on my own. 

Both of us were prepared in different ways. Ultimately, that's what makes us a good team.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Just Your Life

The church, their responsibilities, and how it can effect mindsets.

Investing and Startups