Wedding Plans

When I was getting married, we did it very fast. I graduated college in May then got married June 5th. We didn't have a lot of time to plan. I was so thankful for my church that donated so many resources for the wedding. Even if the resource is time, it was still important to me. 

It is also important to note that this wasn't our ideal situation. We wanted a wedding in NY near a waterfall, but due to Covid-19, we could not do that. So, we had our wedding in my church in Texas with mostly my family and friends. I was sad that my husband's family and friends (except for one family) didn't bother to show up. For me, it showed a side of his family that I didn't really like. 

Part of the wedding plans were:
Invitations (I used FB and physical ones, also e-mail)
Decorations (Behind the pulpit we had doors)
Photographer (I am still iffy on if we should've used the one we had, we still don't have the pictures)
Food 
Wedding Dress
Bridesmaids Outfits
Grooms Outfit
Groomsmen Outfits
Flowers
Etc. 

Thankfully I did not have to do most of the planning. Here is what I provided:
Guest List (With my husband's help)
Decoration Approval
Flower Colors
Wedding Colors
Wedding Dress (It was my mom's)
Bridesmaids Outfit Approval
Grooms Outfit (Sorta, I had to fight for my husband to wear jeans)
Groomsmen Outfits 
Flower Approval
Food Allergies 
Flower girl and Ringbearer choice

By the time the wedding was nearing a close, I was just ready to be married and gone. It may sound selfish and rude, but I really did not want to be there. Especially since I wasn't an overall fan of our photographer. She was very pushy and sometimes rude. And like I said above, we still don't have the photographs that she took, which I was hoping to have for my Great Grandmother.

I think the wedding was more stressful than I wanted. It wasn't my ideal wedding. But I felt like my marriage to my husband was more important than the wedding itself, and he was of the same mindset. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Just Your Life

The church, their responsibilities, and how it can effect mindsets.

Investing and Startups