The Engagement Ring

When my husband first asked me to marry him, we didn't do an engagement ring. He asked me informally many times and I said yes many times. When he finally did ask me to marry him in a serious way, we still didn't use an engagement ring. We found a wedding ring for me and I was happy enough with that. While I would have wanted one, I didn't want to cause him to feel bad.

Recently, I made a joke about having an engagement ring. I hadn't meant anything by it and was more trying to be silly than anything. My husband decided that when he had enough money he would buy me an engagement ring. I tried to talk him out of it at first, but if there was one thing I've learned, it's my husband is more stubborn than me. 

So, he recently bought me an engagement ring, he jokingly said for our two month anniversary. It arrives (hopefully) on Saturday. 

Adjusting to his love language is hard for me. It seems the two major ones are words of affirmation and giving gifts. Receiving gifts is hard for me, especially from a male who I wasn't formally related to. I am still adjusting to allowing him to spoil me (within reason). I say within reason because I don't want him to go into debt for me, which he previously said he would gladly do. 

I love this man and hope we have a long, happy, marriage. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Not Just Your Life

The church, their responsibilities, and how it can effect mindsets.

Investing and Startups